• Welcome to Sensible Investors, if you wish to comment on any threads and join the Sensible Investors community Click here.

Any good tools for backtesting a UK-only portfolio

The Dividend Experiment

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
This website is fantastic for backtesting portfolios:

It has a range of ETFs/funds/Stocks but is mostly limited to only US-based. I have tried searching for UK listed stocks in the list but it rarely has them or at best has the OTC version of the ticker which isn't as accurate.

Does anyone know of any backtesting tools that can be used for UK only portfolios?

Reactions: Smart Finance

Smart Finance

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
gumroad.com
This website is fantastic for backtesting portfolios:

It has a range of ETFs/funds/Stocks but is mostly limited to only US-based. I have tried searching for UK listed stocks in the list but it rarely has them or at best has the OTC version of the ticker which isn't as accurate.

Does anyone know of any backtesting tools that can be used for UK only portfolios?
I've found it really hard to find any back testing tools other than the one you've mentioned. Doesn't seem to be a huge amount out there. Upon research for useful websites i have found some great ones but they are aimed at the US or Canadian market which puts us UK investors out unless we invest overseas.