• Welcome to Sensible Investors, if you wish to comment on any threads and join the Sensible Investors community Click here.

Freetrade new share offering

Smart Finance

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
gumroad.com
I remember a while back Freetrade done a share offering. Just seen on their Instagram that they are offering another round of shares. What's peoples thoughts about this?

20210323_075518.jpg

23rdian

May 13, 2021
So I notice this is being offered at the moment. Decent but how many people can use this as surely many investors would have been contributing to another S&S ISA since April? I know you can only add new money to a maximum of one of S&S ISA per year but is it allowed to *just* transfer say an old cash ISA to this too?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-09-23-18-23-26-667_io.freetrade.android.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-09-23-18-23-26-667_io.freetrade.android.jpg
    587 KB · Views: 2

The Dividend Experiment

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
So I notice this is being offered at the moment. Decent but how many people can use this as surely many investors would have been contributing to another S&S ISA since April? I know you can only add new money to a maximum of one of S&S ISA per year but is it allowed to *just* transfer say an old cash ISA to this too?
As I understand it the restriction on ISA is that you aren't allowed to 'subscribe' to more than one of the same type of ISA per yer. Subscribe in this context means to open a new account or add money.

I don't think you would be able to transfer a cash isa to them if you already have a S&S ISA active since April.

It's weird timing by them, as like you say most people will have set up their ISA already by now. However I am guessing that it is trying to encourage current users on the free version to upgrade to the paid version with the ISA included and essentially 'lock in' the paid subscription