• Welcome to Sensible Investors, if you wish to comment on any threads and join the Sensible Investors community Click here.

Has anyone invested in any US ETFs?

RealisticOption

Jul 29, 2021
I am seriously considering investing in some S&P ETFs and commodity ETFs in the US market. I would be glad if anyone has any recommendations here

Smart Finance

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
gumroad.com
I am seriously considering investing in some S&P ETFs and commodity ETFs in the US market. I would be glad if anyone has any recommendations here
You normally find ETFs which are American have much lower expense ratios.
Example VWRL/VWRP for the UK has a expense ratio of 0.22% compared to the American equivalent which is VTI which has a expense ratio of 0.03%. Much different. I know on eToro you can buy US ETFs but you can't use ISA accounts.

JD_Investing

Apr 13, 2021
You normally find ETFs which are American have much lower expense ratios.
Example VWRL/VWRP for the UK has a expense ratio of 0.22% compared to the American equivalent which is VTI which has a expense ratio of 0.03%. Much different. I know on eToro you can buy US ETFs but you can't use ISA accounts.
The ideal would be to make your own ETF but that’s vast amount of capital. Imagine just not paying fees 🤣.

Being from the UK we are just unfavourably given larger expenses ratios on the ETFs that are mirroring the US counterparts.

Reactions: Smart Finance

Smart Finance

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
gumroad.com
The ideal would be to make your own ETF but that’s vast amount of capital. Imagine just not paying fees 🤣.

Being from the UK we are just unfavourably given larger expenses ratios on the ETFs that are mirroring the US counterparts.
Would be ace to create our own ETFs for the UK. A lot of active funds have been rebranding themselves as ETFs so could be interesting haha

Reactions: JD_Investing