• Welcome to Sensible Investors, if you wish to comment on any threads and join the Sensible Investors community Click here.

HCMC TO THE MOON?

Dividend Investor

Mar 15, 2021
United Kingdom
flow.page
@Dividend Investor I haven't been following this one much, what is the lawsuit? Is it with a large Tabaco company?
So HCMC have filled a patten infringement lawsuit against Phillip Morris back in Mid-November. They have since both agreed on a joint motion which basically is an extension to allow HCMC reply to a motion dismiss from PM (which is standard procedure). Speculation say that a joint motion was accepted because the two are settling out a hearty $1/$2b settlement to HCMC but that might not be the case yet. There’s a huge chance HCMC wins the case if it goes to the Jury but it’s a long process.

JGIZCOOL

Mar 15, 2021
It’s a gamble/long term hold for me, I think there a lot of exciting things about the stock to keep a good interest.

Reactions: Weasel

Jake.B

Apr 3, 2021
UK
I’m holding too. It’s less than 0.1% of my portfolio though as I saw it as a bit of a gamble. That being said, the company’s actually operating fairly well and I do expect long term growth, and that’s without the booster of the potential settlement. I’m all for plays like this as long as it’s not a large chunk of my portfolio.

Reactions: Dividend Investor

Dividend Investor

Mar 15, 2021
United Kingdom
flow.page
I’m holding too. It’s less than 0.1% of my portfolio though as I saw it as a bit of a gamble. That being said, the company’s actually operating fairly well and I do expect long term growth, and that’s without the booster of the potential settlement. I’m all for plays like this as long as it’s not a large chunk of my portfolio.
They seem to be doing alright so far with several investments and new products. I’m just waiting for some kind of announcements/news so the stock price could jump as it’s been consolidating for a looooong time.

Loosechange

Mar 30, 2021
Yep I have 250k shares in. Bit of a lottery ticket if it comes in, I think about adding but not too sure.

fanmail77

Jul 14, 2021
Indeed! It’s a penny stock so huge profit if it shoots up.
which platform did you use to buy HCMC, I use FreeTrade HCMC not avaible on Freetrade

many thanks

Loosechange

Mar 30, 2021
Yep, I have it in T212 unfortunately not on ISA as it's not available in ISA but doesn't matter, lottery ticket type of play I have 250k shares so roughly £300 invested in this, tempted to buy more, I'm 48% down on this one but I'm holding this till it hits the moon! Haha

fanmail77

Jul 14, 2021
Yep, I have it in T212 unfortunately not on ISA as it's not available in ISA but doesn't matter, lottery ticket type of play I have 250k shares so roughly £300 invested in this, tempted to buy more, I'm 48% down on this one but I'm holding this till it hits the moon! Haha
trading 212, not sure whats up with them, they are still not taking on new accounts, must be 3 or 4 months now since I tried to open an account with them

Reactions: Smart Finance

Smart Finance

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
gumroad.com
trading 212, not sure whats up with them, they are still not taking on new accounts, must be 3 or 4 months now since I tried to open an account with them
I believe Trading212 have now opened up to EU investors but not UK. Going to try and search up a article or proof today

fanmail77

Jul 14, 2021
I believe Trading212 have now opened up to EU investors but not UK. Going to try and search up a article or proof today
Yeah I think they are in trouble with the UK regulators, probably where told by the UK reguator they had to stop opening new accounts , maybe the UK regulators were not totally happy with what they saw, so now they are fixing any issues before the UK regulator will allow them to open up new accounts from people within the UK