• Welcome to Sensible Investors, if you wish to comment on any threads and join the Sensible Investors community Click here.

How beat inflation with investing?

Smart Finance

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
gumroad.com
What are some of the common ways of battling inflation with investment?

The most common one I've heard is REITs as property value rises and we normally rent go up being adjusted with inflation. I like the cash flow created with REITs also.

Metropolitania

Apr 19, 2021
Real estate is both a real asset and an appreciation-oriented one. Land and property values tend to rise alongside inflation. REITs are publicly traded portfolios of properties which are influenced by real estate trends.

Reactions: Smart Finance

flatsteak

Apr 19, 2021
I read a very interesting book "Rich Dad Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki, in that book he emphasis to invest in cash generating assets. He uses his famous line from the game monopoly " 4 Green Houses is equal to 1 Red Hotel" meaning, for the investment on 4 residential property is equal to 1 commercial property. The rent and the value of commercial property would increase at a much higher rate than the residential property market. My advise is if you can buy a commercial property at a good price to rent, it would be a better option or at the starting stage you can invest in REIT's who has a portfolio of commercial property than REIT's with residential property. This would generate consistent and higher returns in my opinion. Happy investing.

investiumapp

Aug 5, 2021
academy.investium.app
One of the simplest strategies to overcome inflation is investing in index funds. For instance, just by investing in a fund that tracks an index like de S&P 500, anyone could be way ahead. Plus, this takes out the sometimes annoying task of keeping an eye on stock prices all the time. Take a look at our blog article to learn more on how to protect your money from inflation.

Smart Finance

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
gumroad.com
I read a very interesting book "Rich Dad Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki, in that book he emphasis to invest in cash generating assets. He uses his famous line from the game monopoly " 4 Green Houses is equal to 1 Red Hotel" meaning, for the investment on 4 residential property is equal to 1 commercial property. The rent and the value of commercial property would increase at a much higher rate than the residential property market. My advise is if you can buy a commercial property at a good price to rent, it would be a better option or at the starting stage you can invest in REIT's who has a portfolio of commercial property than REIT's with residential property. This would generate consistent and higher returns in my opinion. Happy investing.
I am taking a stance more towards REITs over commercial properties, only because of the simplicity. Obviously with real estate investing you have the benefits of having leverage but there are also more risks involved.