• Welcome to Sensible Investors, if you wish to comment on any threads and join the Sensible Investors community Click here.

Investing On A Lower Income

Smart Finance

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
gumroad.com
Hi everyone,

I have posted the below video on getting started with investing, please feel free to check it out if you’re interested and let me know what you thing?

Some great tips here. Think those who are on low income definitely should focus on having 0 or little debt and creating an emergency fund is the basis for all no matter income. I've always found it easier to focus on savings rates as a % and increasing the income via any form. For the majority, like you say, this would be from our work (active income). If focusing on a savings rate rather than a set sum, that rate can evolve with you and can help avoid lifestyle creep

DavidG

Rookie Investor
Apr 3, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have posted the below video on getting started with investing, please feel free to check it out if you’re interested and let me know what you thing?

I think increasing earned income is vital for us to be able to increase our wealth, especially when starting off. The more we can save/invest at the beginning the easier it will be once the ball is rolling imo

RichMan24

Jan 4, 2022
Useful video. Have signed up to freetrade with your referral, I assume that the free share is issued after a defined period of time as opposed to immediately?

Smart Finance

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
gumroad.com
Useful video. Have signed up to freetrade with your referral, I assume that the free share is issued after a defined period of time as opposed to immediately?
Freetrade has an event with free shares. These are hidden untill Wednesdays where they are then revealed what you recieved. It's actually quite a clever marketing trick I think.