• Welcome to Sensible Investors, if you wish to comment on any threads and join the Sensible Investors community Click here.

May Dividend income

Smart Finance

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
gumroad.com
How was everyone's May income through dividends?

This month I've been paid 5 times with a total income of £192.31.

Green Coat UK Wind - UKW @ £18.69
Legal & General - LGEN @ £136.89
Abbvie Inc - ABBV @ £14.71
Realty Income - O @ £4.62
AT&T Inc - T @ £22.02

Personally have sold out of T for a small gain after the Warner Media deal looking a bit sketchy and the possibility of a 40-50% dividend cut.

• Love
Reactions: Cey and 23rdian

Chris

Apr 1, 2021
Somerset
How was everyone's May income through dividends?

This month I've been paid 5 times with a total income of £192.31.

Green Coat UK Wind - UKW @ £18.69
Legal & General - LGEN @ £136.89
Abbvie Inc - ABBV @ £14.71
Realty Income - O @ £4.62
AT&T Inc - T @ £22.02

Personally have sold out of T for a small gain after the Warner Media deal looking a bit sketchy and the possibility of a 40-50% dividend cut.
May is by far my best as well, £1,170 in dividends.
L&g
Aviva
Standard life
Hfel
Lloyds
Aviva is my biggest holding, £700 off them 👍🏼

Smart Finance

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
gumroad.com
May is by far my best as well, £1,170 in dividends.
L&g
Aviva
Standard life
Hfel
Lloyds
Aviva is my biggest holding, £700 off them 👍🏼
That's definitely impressive those numbers! Got quite a few insurance companies there. Do you reinvest your dividends back into the same companies or hold as cash? Personally I've been holding it as cash.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Apr 1, 2021
Somerset
That's definitely impressive those numbers! Got quite a few insurance companies there. Do you reinvest your dividends back into the same companies or hold as cash? Personally I've been holding it as cash.
They are part of portfolio of 16 companies/funds.
I do like insurance companies though, need insurance for everything nowadays 😂.
I tend to hold all the dividends on account then any dips I can hopefully take advantage, I like round numbers on my investments so re-investment wouldn’t work for me.
Ultimate aim is to have the may total monthly by retirement to go alongside work pension or maybe even an early retirement would be nice.

Reactions: Smart Finance

Smart Finance

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
gumroad.com
They are part of portfolio of 16 companies/funds.
I do like insurance companies though, need insurance for everything nowadays 😂.
I tend to hold all the dividends on account then any dips I can hopefully take advantage, I like round numbers on my investments so re-investment wouldn’t work for me.
Ultimate aim is to have the may total monthly by retirement to go alongside work pension or maybe even an early retirement would be nice.
That's very true, I've been looking at adding more insurance stocks to pay for my life, car and house insurance. Might as well have them pay it for me.
Sounds like you've got a good plan lined up. I think for me i will be looking at barista F.I.R.E so can have a part time job along side of my bills being paid.

Reactions: 23rdian and Chris

Ardgour

Rookie Investor
Mar 16, 2021
North East Scotland
May is a great month. ...
EPIC £14.08
JARA £27.59
SLA £90.37
SOI £33.53
SCIN £52.60
HFEL £65.19
BCPT £15.18
UKW £68.49
SLI £29.45
LLOY £54
LGEN £226.76
DLG £216.38
MRCH 119.13
WAS1 £80.75. (Retail bond)
THRL £47.37
CTY 62.44
CTO £21.60
AV. £180.18
MATE £,35.88

Total of £1463
Most are div reinvested.
Message to Chris...I don’t mind odd numbers of shares!!

23rdian

May 13, 2021
That's very true, I've been looking at adding more insurance stocks to pay for my life, car and house insurance. Might as well have them pay it for me.
Sounds like you've got a good plan lined up. I think for me i will be looking at barista F.I.R.E so can have a part time job along side of my bills being paid.
I have started to do this a bit too. Use sectors to pay for specific bills. My theory is that if I don't enjoy paying them, but am still forced to pay them a lot of other people are doing it too, so that's got to be a defensive stock.

i.e. BP to pay towards my fuel bill, LGEN to pay for my car insurance.

I realise you can't take it too far but as sector thing I like it.

23rdian

May 13, 2021
Some great numbers on here. Proves it does work and has really got my interest. I hadn't heard to Barista FIRE before but I guess that's what I am doing too.

Smart Finance

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
gumroad.com
May is a great month. ...
EPIC £14.08
JARA £27.59
SLA £90.37
SOI £33.53
SCIN £52.60
HFEL £65.19
BCPT £15.18
UKW £68.49
SLI £29.45
LLOY £54
LGEN £226.76
DLG £216.38
MRCH 119.13
WAS1 £80.75. (Retail bond)
THRL £47.37
CTY 62.44
CTO £21.60
AV. £180.18
MATE £,35.88

Total of £1463
Most are div reinvested.
Message to Chris...I don’t mind odd numbers of shares!!
Got some great numbers there! That's exactly how I want my dividend income to look in the future. Having £10-£40 dividends flow in must be real nice

Reactions: Ardgour

Smart Finance

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
gumroad.com
I have started to do this a bit too. Use sectors to pay for specific bills. My theory is that if I don't enjoy paying them, but am still forced to pay them a lot of other people are doing it too, so that's got to be a defensive stock.

i.e. BP to pay towards my fuel bill, LGEN to pay for my car insurance.

I realise you can't take it too far but as sector thing I like it.
I love the idea of this but got to try and keep the portfolio balances and not become to overweight. Having that dividend cash flow will be real nice

Smart Finance

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
gumroad.com
Some great numbers on here. Proves it does work and has really got my interest. I hadn't heard to Barista FIRE before but I guess that's what I am doing too.
There are many types of F.I.R.E and it really comes down to what your goals are. So like with barrista is for when you have a part time job because your passive income pays for most the bills. Think there is coast F.I.R.E, normal fire and fat fire. But really they are just labels and it's about your goal specifically

Cey

BETA
Mar 6, 2021
Its is so inspiring to read these numbers thanks for sharing. I reached a milestone this month with 100 USD ! I wonder for those that have 1K plus as their monthly DIV whats your average yield? What do you say is a "healthy" yield whilst seeking high DIV returns?

Ardgour

Rookie Investor
Mar 16, 2021
North East Scotland
Its is so inspiring to read these numbers thanks for sharing. I reached a milestone this month with 100 USD ! I wonder for those that have 1K plus as their monthly DIV whats your average yield? What do you say is a "healthy" yield whilst seeking high DIV returns?
Let's take Legal and General as an example of healthy yield. If you buy today, you should expect 6.18%
But currently, we are getting 11% - which is very healthy indeed
I'm not sure how we define this figure but I guess it's called historical -
We bought 1433 shares @ £2.13 in August 2016 costing £3079.41
So this year's dividends, totaling at least £312 make 11%yield because of dividend reinvestment. We now have 1900 shares
I would also include MNG at 9% as very decent too

But I'm probably more comfortable with the investment Trusts such as Merchants giving us 7.77% or City at 6%

Overall the average yield is about 5%

All tax free

Smart Finance

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
gumroad.com
Let's take Legal and General as an example of healthy yield. If you buy today, you should expect 6.18%
But currently, we are getting 11% - which is very healthy indeed
I'm not sure how we define this figure but I guess it's called historical -
We bought 1433 shares @ £2.13 in August 2016 costing £3079.41
So this year's dividends, totaling at least £312 make 11%yield because of dividend reinvestment. We now have 1900 shares
I would also include MNG at 9% as very decent too

But I'm probably more comfortable with the investment Trusts such as Merchants giving us 7.77% or City at 6%

Overall the average yield is about 5%

All tax free
Thats where Yeild On Cost (YOC) really comes in. Having dividend growth is something amazing to have. I've seen some people sell CTY due to their individual stocks almost replicating this fund.

The key here is all Tax free, love the idea of not being taxed haha

RealisticOption

Jul 29, 2021
Wow, You have a good portfolio. Inspiring to watch. My goal is to retire early, I think, this method would work wonders. I 'm trying to build a real estate portfolio also, they provide a steady source of income. This kind of dividend income is an eye opener for me. I used to hold cash till a good real estate offer comes, from now on i would try to invest that money into stocks like these that would provide me a good ROI. Thanks for sharing.