• Welcome to Sensible Investors, if you wish to comment on any threads and join the Sensible Investors community Click here.

Rage quitting work

Smart Finance

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
gumroad.com
I was having a read of this BBC article about rage quitting a job because its a toxic environment.
Has anyone ever considered rage quitting work or has even done it once?

I know in the FIRE community many talk about F.U money, this is a pot of money to allow them to create opportunities. Such opportunities could be so say i cannot take any more, then quit their job then and there. Or this F.U money allows them to take a year off if pleases.

23rdian

May 13, 2021
I think if you have a bit of FU money you are less likely to rage quit (as quite frankly, what's the point) but instead maybe aren't the most compliant or loyal employee?

i.e. develop a bit of a FU attitude while you are there?

The Dividend Experiment

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
I quit my job after completing the training once as they essentially did a complete switcheroo on what I had applied for after I committed to joining.

I turned up to the week training and they had swapped my job role and lowered my salary, so did the paid training and handed my notice in (effective immediately) on the first day after training. Just had to sit through some HR videos and got paid a weeks wage.

If I had needed the money it could have been a situation where I was essentially bullied into doing a job that I didn't want to do, for a lower wage.