• Welcome to Sensible Investors, if you wish to comment on any threads and join the Sensible Investors community Click here.

Tracking dividend payouts on eToro

mws270

Jun 24, 2021
Hi all,

I've been using eToro as it is so simple, but I'm really struggling to figure out where it tells me when a dividend has been paid and who from - there doesn't seem to be an alert for this and it really isn't obvious how to find out this quite basic into. can anyone help?

I'd also like to find a platform that automatically reinvests dividends. Do any of the retail sites have this functionality? Thanks all!

Reactions: Smart Finance

The Dividend Experiment

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
eToro is the most opaque platform for dividends, its so weird. You have to go to view trade and the new box will open up and at the bottom of the box its will say "refunds" which are dividends that have been paid.

You can also view on the statement too and I think they label it as refunds there too which is very weird IMO.

Reactions: mws270

Smart Finance

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
gumroad.com
Hi all,

I've been using eToro as it is so simple, but I'm really struggling to figure out where it tells me when a dividend has been paid and who from - there doesn't seem to be an alert for this and it really isn't obvious how to find out this quite basic into. can anyone help?

I'd also like to find a platform that automatically reinvests dividends. Do any of the retail sites have this functionality? Thanks all!
Trading212 and HL are ones which I know you can reinvest dividends. T212 is much better for this because of the fees.
T212 you can put a stock into a pie by itself and turn drip on.
With HL it costs £1 or 1%. So really if I was to drip a position I'd want £100 dividends to make that fee around 1%

Reactions: mws270