• Welcome to Sensible Investors, if you wish to comment on any threads and join the Sensible Investors community Click here.

Trading212 - Overdue accounts

Smart Finance

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
gumroad.com
Seen this and haven't seen much talk about it.

Currently Trading212 is overdue for their filing their accounts which was due 30th September 2021.

Some people say it could be they applied for a covid extention but there has been no real news. What do people think?

raph

Rookie Investor
May 29, 2021
I am watching this on the Trading 212 community app it seems to all have started with a video from Sasha on YouTube which was very clickbait like. Personally, I am watching it as it doesn’t fill me with confidence but not overly concerned as all my money on T212 is in my ISA.

Reactions: Smart Finance

Smart Finance

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
gumroad.com
I am watching this on the Trading 212 community app it seems to all have started with a video from Sasha on YouTube which was very clickbait like. Personally, I am watching it as it doesn’t fill me with confidence but not overly concerned as all my money on T212 is in my ISA.
Yeah Sasha is very controversial and seems to have split everyone on this topic. It would fill me with more confidence if T212 released a statement but they just seem not bothered about it all. We do have protection with the accounts no matter what anyway.

Reactions: raph

raph

Rookie Investor
May 29, 2021
Yeah Sasha is very controversial and seems to have split everyone on this topic. It would fill me with more confidence if T212 released a statement but they just seem not bothered about it all. We do have protection with the accounts no matter what anyway.
totally agree

SolidSparrow70

Aug 12, 2021
Hull
youtube.com
Sasha is a well known doom and gloom merchant but with this one at least he has a point. T212 are not the most transparent company out there and there have been a lot of little red flags with them over the last year. The bulk of my money is elsewhere. I need to trust my broker and Freetrade for me are an entirely more transparent organisation.

Smart Finance

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
gumroad.com
Sasha is a well known doom and gloom merchant but with this one at least he has a point. T212 are not the most transparent company out there and there have been a lot of little red flags with them over the last year. The bulk of my money is elsewhere. I need to trust my broker and Freetrade for me are an entirely more transparent organisation.
I think that's one of the major things which let Trading212 down is that there is no real customer service or press releases from the company. Freetrade are much more open, i just don't like their fee structure :ROFLMAO:
Find it interesting that T212 is closed to UK and open to EU while their accounts are overdue. Don't want to speculate but wonder if its something to do with UK regulation.