• Welcome to Sensible Investors, if you wish to comment on any threads and join the Sensible Investors community Click here.

Types of FIRE

Trade__Em

Nov 26, 2021
Essex, UK
taplink.cc
2B3D08F5-ACA3-4E3E-92B2-CDBD509AC42D.png
Last week I had a 4 day week at work and a 3 day weekend. It was SO nice!

Being a teacher, it is very rare, but we had a one off “well-being day”.

I felt so much more well rested and happy after the weekend. It’s highlighted even more for me how important FIRE is.

My main aim is regular FIRE (have 25 times my annual expenses invested), but I’d be happy to start off with barista FIRE to wind down.

What are your FIRE goals?

Smart Finance

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
gumroad.com
View attachment 282

I felt so much more well rested and happy after the weekend. It’s highlighted even more for me how important FIRE is.

My main aim is regular FIRE (have 25 times my annual expenses invested), but I’d be happy to start off with barista FIRE to wind down.

Love this! Not many people realise how flexible FIRE really is. For me my goal is barista FIRE by 50. I know I want to work, maybe in a more fulfilling job role, but having the reliance on a paycheck is key for me. I don't think I could ever stop working unless I got a substantial hobby.

Reactions: Trade__Em

Wilsonj194

Apr 2, 2021
I guess if I’m in any category it’s definitely Barista. I want to make sure I’m living my life and spending money of things in the here and now as well as saving for the future and hopefully retiring early.

Order66

Oct 14, 2021
View attachment 282

Really i could see myself carrying on working so between barista and lean would be great as it would allow me to have a compatible lifestyle along with allowing me to do the jobs i want and to walk away from those jobs i don't wish to participate in.