• Welcome to Sensible Investors, if you wish to comment on any threads and join the Sensible Investors community Click here.

Which is better value or growth investing?

Deborah

Apr 19, 2021
In my opinion value investing makes more sense but I want to know what people think. Please give me the best reply.

Joao

Apr 19, 2021
Significant amount of returns can be reaped if both value and growth investing work in tandem. This is easily achievable when your goals are of long term. Combine growth and value stocks or funds can lead to potentially high returns with less risk. There are some funds terms as blended funds managed by professions wherein both growth and value stocks are added to the portfolio. These funds follow a strategy known as "growth at a reasonable price" (GARP) and these funds target growth companies with a keen awareness of traditional value indicators

RealisticOption

Jul 29, 2021
Growth funds mangers mainly concentrate on the price increase potential of the stock. But to realize the gain you would have to sell the stock. It focus on company which are low valued and has a good price increase potential. This kind of fund is Moderate to High risk. It has good Short term to medium term gain.
Value Fund mangers concentrate on companies which have good fundamentals and steady business model, these companies price would not do considerable movement or increase in the market, but they provide steady dividend. This fund has low risk and provides good long term gain.

raph

Regular Investor
May 29, 2021
i think it depends on who you are one should feel right to you. Personally i just dont get growth while i am not a math's geek i can look at a balace sheet, income statement and CFS and see if it feels right. Growth to me is just hype with no fundimentals atm growth is doing much better no question asked as a result when it crashes it will hit harder that being said over the long term i think value investing holds up better. In the short run, the market is a voting machine, but in the long run, it is a weighing machine.