• Welcome to Sensible Investors, if you wish to comment on any threads and join the Sensible Investors community Click here.

Your favourite quotes

Smart Finance

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 23, 2021
gumroad.com
What are some of your favourite quotes?

Mine are:

“Only buy something that you’d be perfectly happy to hold if the market shuts down for ten years.”
Warren Buffett

“Before you speak, listen. Before you write, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you invest, investigate. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. Before you retire, save. Before you die, give.”
William A. Ward

“Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.”
Jim Rohn

“Money doesn't buy you happiness, but lack of money certainly buys you misery.”
Daniel Kahneman

“It's good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it's good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you haven't lost the thing that money can't buy.”
George Lorimer

“Making money is common sense. It's not rocket science. But unfortunately, when it comes to money, common sense is uncommon.”
Robbery Kiyosaki

“Wealth is the ability to fully experience life.”
Henry David Thoreau

Johr

Jul 29, 2021
My favorite quotes are:

"Opportunities come infrequently. When it rains, put out the bucket, not the thimble."

"Honesty is a very expensive gift. Don't expect it from cheap people." ......Warren Buffett

Reactions: Smart Finance

Metropolitania

Apr 19, 2021
My favourite quotes are:

Time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life- Steve Jobs

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams -Eleanor Roosevelt

It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light -Aristotle

RealisticOption

Jul 29, 2021
I Would Like to Share my favourite investment quotes:
1. Don't Work for Money Make Your Money Work for You - Robert Kiyosaki
2. Part of all I earn is mine to Keep (Save atleast 10% of whatever you earn) - Richest Man in Babylon George S. Clason
3. A Journey of Thousand Miles begins with a Single Step - Lao Tzu.
4. I look at 100 deals and Pick One - Gordon Gekko
5. Price is What You Pay Value is What You Get - Warren Buffet

Gandalf

Apr 19, 2021
Best quotes which I like are:
Too many people spend money they earned..to buy things they don’t want..to impress people that they don’t like.– Will Rogers

Wealth is the ability to fully experience life.- Henry David Thoreau

You must gain control over your money or the lack of it will forever control you.” – Dave Ramsey

DavidG

Apr 3, 2021
“Wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing.”
– Warren Buffett

I find this interesting as all over social media tells us we have to focus on diversification but yet they love Warren Buffett....then proclaim they know what they are doing....which is it?

CleverFox

Jul 29, 2021
I love the quotes from Legendary traders, they have a whole new perception of the world. They are simple, yet many fail to see them:
1. Behind Every Stock there is as company. Find out what it's doing - Peter Lynch
2. Risk Comes from not knowing what you are doing - Warren Buffet
3. If stock market experts were so experts they would be buying stocks, not selling advice - Norman Ralph Augustine.
4. One of the funny thing about stock market is, every time one person buys other sells, both think that they are astute - William Feather
5. Stock Market is a device to transfer money from impatient to the patient. - Warren Buffet.

YoungWill

Jul 29, 2021
I am impressed by the following quotes:

"We don't have to be smarter than the rest. We have to be more disciplined than the rest." _---Warren Buffett

"The key is not in spending time, but in investing it." ----Stephen R. Covey

"The big money is not in buying and selling, but in the waiting." ----Charlie Munger

flatsteak

Apr 19, 2021
My favourite quotes are:
1. Knowledge will give you Power, but Character will give you Respect - Bruce Lee.
2.The Best Fighter is Never Angry - Bushido
3. Every Accomplishment starts with the decision to try. - John F Kennedy.
4.No Great Discovery is made without a Bold Guess - Sir Isaac Newton.
5.Imagination is more important than Knowledge - Albert Einstein.